Tuesday 5 March 2013

Mother's Day Card ...

This year I have been a little behind with Mother's Day preparations as we have been so busy with family and work but yesterday I could not put off making my wonderful Mum a card any longer so that I could get it in the post along with her pressie in time for the weekend.

Here is the finished card ...part water coloured, part stamped and part paper pieced 
... 'mixed media' as they say in the art world!

{Mum if you are reading this ... LOOK AWAY NOW} 


I drew the bird onto a piece of background text paper from Making Memories.  After cutting the bird out I painted it with Farrow & Ball {Light Blue} paint using a fairly dry paintbrush so that some of the paper still showed through.


The flowers were stamped using one of our new Woodware flower stamps {some stamps were positioned directly onto the background card and some were stamped onto the scrapbook paper, sanded with a sanding block and cut out}  


I drew the birdcage onto Bockingford watercolour paper and coloured with my paints {when dry I went over the pencil lines with a black gel pen} 

The finished design was mounted onto bazzill cardstock and onto a base card.

*************************************








No comments:

Post a Comment