Friday 2 December 2011

Seasons Greetings ...


How did we get to the 2nd of December already? 

I have always found that getting into Christmas as a family has always been a little last minute for us as I start Christmas in July at the shop and get so caught up with Christmas workshops that quite often I do not have any time and energy left to decorate the house and plan family celebrations in the way that I would like. 

This year I am trying to make a big effort and create a handmade Christmas as far as I can.  I was even going to make the crackers for Christmas lunch (I think that idea has been surpassed by the fact that the local supermarket had a Christmas cracker deal that I could not resist and so I bought them!  never mind - hopefully this will mean that I have more time to prepare elsewhere!).

Yesterday the Advent calender went up!



The girls thought it was wonderful as each day holds a little paper bag containing a pressie!  I was quite pleased with the final result which is good as it took such a long time to make it.  I had planned to create a little calico sack to attach to the back of each house but I ran out of time, hence the paper bag.  I will try to get the sacks done in the new year before I put the calendar away.

Let's just say that this is definitely one calendar that had better be used for a good few years yet! 

Hope you are enjoying the start of the festivities.  I' ve got some more projects to share with you so I'll be back again soon!

Happy crafting
Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment