Tuesday 19 July 2011

I'm back ...

Just got back to the shop today after a lovely week off!  I am not back up to speed yet and am still ploughing through e-mails and dealing with orders that came in whilst I was away.

I do have a minute though to introduce you to the newest member of the Philpott family...

 

We actually had 6 hatching eggs under our broody and very stroppy hen Mildred, all of which were supposed to hatch last Tuesday.  She was a super Mum and did everything she was supposed to but unfortunately only one out of the six eggs hatched.  The chick is a 'Well Summer Bantum' and is called Summer.  Fortunately we think she is a girl rather than a boy which means we will at least get a few eggs in a few months time. 

Thought you might like to see a couple of piccies of her and Mum...




Mildred continues to be a very good Mum.  We have now moved them to their new barn (actually a shed - but we like the chickens to feel important so we call it a 'Barn' when they are in earshot!! ).  Mildred looks after her little one very well and charged at me with intent when I went to freshen their water and food yesterday - GOOD THING WE ARE BREEDING CHICKENS AND NOT ELEPHANTS!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm so jealous. The girls will have to make up a few extra bedtime stories now! Anna.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna

    Yes, I will ask the girls to think up some more stories for the little chick. Glad you like her!

    See you soon
    Teresa
    x

    ReplyDelete