Thursday 13 January 2011

Cupcakes & Ice cream - the perfect birthday party! ...

A couple of girlie birthday cards for you today ... 

I drew a template for the cupcake and the ice cream (below).  I have asked my lovely hubby to explain to me how I load a pdf into these posts so that I can provide you with a template sheet where needed.  I will keep nagging at him until I know how to do it.  In the meantime if you would like a copy of the templates then e-mail me and I will be happy to e-mail you the pdf sheet instead.


I cut the base of the cupcake from a thick watercolour paper and roughly painted in the base with watercolour paint.  When this had dried I stuck on the top of the cupcake and the cherry which were cut from patterned paper.  I backed the whole cake onto some white card and cut around leaving a little white edge. 

I used some pale blue paper to cover the square card (my card was 145mm x 145mm) and then some patterned paper to create the border on the left hand side.  I stuck the cake and number 8 into place (which was also cut from a template). I added some detail to the cake and the number 8 with my black pen. Finally I added some more doodling around the card, added the black sticker letters and hand wrote 'today' along the edge of the number 8.


The ice cream was created in exactly the same way except that I cut the top of the cone from watercolour paper as well and added a little bit of pink watercolour paint around one side.






Spotty paper: Fancy Pants
Blue background paper, Cosmo Cricket
The rest of the paper is Sassafras ( I think!) -  not sure as they were bits and pieces in my craft box and don't have the name of the manufacturer on any more. 
stickers: Kaiser Kraft


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these cards with us. I hope that you can work out how to provide the templates soon as I would love to be able to have a go at some of your projects.

    Thanks Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Lucy. I am sure that there is a way of adding a PDF link to a template but I am not very technical. I will keep reminding hubby to show me how to do this but in the meantime if you send me your e-mail address I will get a copy to you.

    Glad you like the blog!
    Happy Crafting
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete